Hello Darling REVOLUTIONARIES!
Made it through another week! Pats on the back seem to be in order. Here is our event round-up and announcements for upcoming fun community loving!!!
Get out, take care of yourself and heal in community!
- SATURDAY 2.14.15 Greet the Day Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
- SATURDAY 2.14.15 Healing Drum Circle, TerraNova Studio
- SATURDAY 2.14.15 Treat Yo’ Self Day!
- MONDAY 2.16.15 Acoustic Flow Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda* Amee Patel will be subbing! Definitely worth a visit!
- WEDNESDAY 2.18.15 Midweek Mindfulness Practice, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
Don’t forget there’s lots of upcoming ways to get involved!
- The Trans* Asterisk Conference at UC Riverside is quickly approaching! Don’t forget to register by
184.108.40.206.15 to make sure that you get your conference t-shirt and lunch reserved! TODAY’S THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER AND ENSURE YOU GET A TSHIRT AND LUNCH!!!
- Worts and Cunning’s upcoming Changeling Zine has extended it’s submission deadline to the end of February. Share your story!
- A friend of COM|PASSionate REVOLT, Maryam Rasouli, is offering counseling services for anyone that needs extra support during this difficult time that Muslims are going through via phone/in person/Skype. You can contact Maryam at 657-201-7508 or email her at email@example.com. Read more about Maryam on our Mental Health Resources page here and read her full bio in the post notes at the bottom of the page.
- Lewis and Clark’s Gender Symposium is coming up 3/11-3/15 and we’ll be dreaming of Portland. The theme of this 34th annual conference is, Material Conditions: Gender, Sexuality and Capitalism. All lectures, sessions and art shows are FREE and open to the public! Get your deconstruction on REVOLUTIONARIES!**
Feeling like some quiet time at home is what you need?
- VALENTINE’S DAY MUST READ: Shaadi Devereaux, TGirlInterrupted wrote an amazing post on Black Girl Dangerous entitled For Those of Us Who The World Is Not Ready, Qualified, Able, or Willing to Love: Happy Valentine’s Day. It is gorgeous and perfect and a great Valentine’s gift to you and everyone you love. Celebrate our intersections, integrations and REVOLUTION- demand the world be “undone and unraveled at the seams” to love you!
- Need a little more love? How about Sara Alcid’s article on Everyday Feminism, Valentine’s Day: What’s a Feminist to Do? A little bit of lightness, some fun feminist e-cards and functional tips!
*Events are put on by the CR Community/CR Community members. Other events are by friends of the CR Community or of interest to the CR Community. Feeling a little nervous about getting out and involved? Email us and if we can we’ll make some introductions so you have a friendly face to say “Hi” to when you get there!
**Most of these events will be local to Southern CA (unless we notice an event that sets us off into road trip dreamland.) If you want to do a COM|PASSionate event round-up for your local area let us know!
***Are you an individual, meet-up or community group that has some COM|PASSionate events of your own? Email us for details on how to submit your event to our calendar!
****More about Maryam****
Maryam is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT#84366.) She received her master’s degree in Counseling Psychology with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy from Argosy University, Maryam has worked in various organizations dealing with issues such as trauma, abuse, domestic violence, depression, anxiety, premarital and marital matters in Orange County for the past six years. She has also provided school counseling services for the past three years. Maryam has provided counseling and case management services to diverse communities including immigrants and newly arrived refugees. She has provided counseling services for youth, adults, couples, families, and groups. Maryam also speaks on various topics dealing with psychology and counseling at colleges, high schools, elementary schools, and community events. Maryam is fluent in Farsi and Dari and is conversational in Urdu. Orange County. She received her bachelor’s in Sociology with a minor in Biological Sciences from the University of California, Irvine. Additionally, Maryam is a certified Prepare and Enrich Facilitator for premarital counseling, and a member of the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. You can reach Maryam at 657-201-7508 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
There are photographs in this post that were borrowed lovingly from the internet and do not belong to us. All are linked and credited to the best of our abilities in hopes of attracting more traffic to the photographers and websites who have blessed us with this imagery. The inclusion of a photograph here should not be interpreted as an assertion of the subject’s or artist’s identity or beliefs. If there is a photo included here that belongs to you and you want it removed, please email email@example.com and it will be removed promptly, no questions asked.