Happy Friday COM|PASSionate REVOLUTIONARIES!
How goes the start of summer for everyone?? Here in Southern California we’ve been oscillating between the summer sun, June gloom, and the much needed breaks for drizzle that aren’t nearly enough to quench our ever present drought.
It’s been sweltering and sweaty and altogether lovely.
We’re committing to enjoy ALL of it.
There are so many fun things happening this summer we fear we might float away into adventure dreamland so we’re doing our best to stay rooted, grounded, and centered in gratitude and presence. Here are some things we’re excited about this week and in the upcoming months!
Get out, take care of yourself and heal in community!
- SATURDAY 6.13.15 Greet the Day Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
- MONDAY 6.15.15 Acoustic Flow Yoga, Yorba Linda* This is the last week with live music for the summer! New Summer Flow Class coming soon but come on over for one last jam session with Skye!
- WEDNESDAY 6.17.15 Midweek Mindfulness Practice, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
- THURSDAY 6.18.15 Bones + Breath Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
Don’t forget there’s lots of upcoming ways to get involved!
- Gender Spectrum is coming up in July! “Gender Spectrum provides education, training and support to help create a gender sensitive and inclusive environment for all children and teens.” They run an annual conference in Berkeley, CA for youth, families and professionals! Go check them out! Registration is now open! They are also looking for volunteers!
- You’ve done plenty of volunteering and advocacy this year! How about you do something for your queer kinky unicorn heart and run away to Amorous Revolt? Amorous Revolt is queer kinky camping, “To celebrate our bold love, our brilliant spirits, our playful (and sometimes serious) sex, our creative relationships, our radical interdependence, our perfect bodies, and our unstoppable power and agency.”
- Hey younger COM|PASSionate REVOLUTIONARIES looking for something fun to do this summer?? How about Brave Trails— a leadership summer camp for LGBTQ Youth & Allies?! Folks that are our age or older– we know what you’re thinking– where was this camp when we were in high school?? Well, you can still go help out by being a camp counselor or leading a workshop! Go check them out!
- All of these internet shenanigans too much? Need to digitally detox? How about checking out Camp Grounded: Summer Camp for Adults! CA camp is over but you can still take a road trip to hit the North Carolina camp in August!
We want to give an extra shout out to Brave Trails this week! An LGBTQ Youth and Allies Leadership Summer Camp so close to our own neck of the woods?! We can’t help but be a little smitten!
Folks that would like to support by leading a workshop- the due date for proposals is Monday 6/15/15! They’re also still in need of cabin counselors!
*Events are put on by the CR Community/CR Community members. Other events are by friends of the CR Community or of interest to the CR Community. Feeling a little nervous about getting out and involved? Email us and if we can we’ll make some introductions so you have a friendly face to say “Hi” to when you get there!
**Most of these events will be local to Southern CA (unless we notice an event that sets us off into road trip dreamland.) If you want to do a COM|PASSionate event round-up for your local area let us know!
***Are you an individual, meet-up or community group that has some COM|PASSionate events of your own? Email us for details on how to submit your event to our calendar!
There are photographs in this post that were borrowed lovingly from the internet and do not belong to us. All are linked and credited to the best of our abilities in hopes of attracting more traffic to the photographers and websites who have blessed us with this imagery. The inclusion of a photograph here should not be interpreted as an assertion of the subject’s or artist’s identity or beliefs. If there is a photo included here that belongs to you and you want it removed, please email email@example.com and it will be removed promptly, no questions asked.