Happy Friday everyone!
As this scheduled post gets published we’re traipsing about on our last day in Seattle. We’re pretty sure we’re going to still be swirling from our time at Gender Odyssey and enjoying our little Pacific Northwest adventure.
Changes in locale got us thinking about the wisdom of the weather.
This got us thinking about how change and desire can sometimes be scary. It got us thinking about how we often turn away from the things that we can see as objectively powerful when they become personal.
We’re contemplating how to find beauty in all the different kinds of weather that grace our journey and, subsequently, not turning away from it for fear that it will pass. We want to turn our faces to the rain and the sun and the wind so that we can have momentous gratitude for all of it… even if just for a moment!
Take in every little bit of your weekend, REVOLUTIONARIES!
Get out, take care of yourself and heal in community!
- SATURDAY 8.22.15 Greet the Day Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda* Sub Sue Sellers
- MONDAY 8.24.15 Summer Flow, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
- WEDNESDAY 8.26.15 Midweek Mindfulness Practice, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
- THURSDAY 8.27.15 Bones + Breath Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
Don’t forget there’s lots of upcoming ways to get involved!
- Gender Odyssey is coming up at the end of August! Aunty Kate is doing the keynote and the programming looks rad! Even if you can’t go to the whole conference a lot of the community programming is FREE! Check it out!
- Some music and art love!
- Heart of Art Gallery : This gallery/event space just popped up into our awareness and we are loving everything we’ve seen! We haven’t made it out yet but hope to soon! Let us know if you go to anything! 80’s night coming up!!!
- Annenburg Space for Photography just popped onto our radar (okay, full disclosure we weren’t doing anything artsy or cultured- we saw banners in Highland Park while we were getting vegan donuts at Donut Friend). We’re hoping to catch the Emerging exhibit soon. We’re also interested in this lecture on Radical Love. Lots of great free events!
- OCFTM Annual Beach Party coming up on September 19th!
Making art if/when the inspiration hits is an amazing way that we are in practice of momentous gratitude! Making great art takes nothing less than full surrender to your desire to get it out of yourself and into the world!
A little queer folk to send the message home.
“I ain’t to proud to show my pain, to call out loud in the Northwest rain, and wash… my tears away…”
Enjoying the show (all of it),
The COM|PASSionate REVOLT Community<3
*Events are put on by the CR Community/CR Community members. Other events are by friends of the CR Community or of interest to the CR Community. Feeling a little nervous about getting out and involved? Email us and if we can we’ll make some introductions so you have a friendly face to say “Hi” to when you get there!
**Most of these events will be local to Southern CA (unless we notice an event that sets us off into road trip dreamland.) If you want to do a COM|PASSionate event round-up for your local area let us know!
***Are you an individual, meet-up or community group that has some COM|PASSionate events of your own? Email us for details on how to submit your event to our calendar!
****Have your own story about healing or thoughts on healing? Are you a queer vegan healer? Want to talk to your community about ways you’re living consciously and connected? Do you want your blog, org, or event to be featured on one of our running series or want to do an interview introducing yourself to the COM|PASSionate REVOLT Community? Are you a unicorn in a pony world disguising your magickal star dust sprinkling mane to live amongst the commoners?
Pitch us a blog series or interview idea!! Contact us at email@example.com!
There are photographs in this post that were borrowed lovingly from the internet and do not belong to us. All are linked and credited to the best of our abilities in hopes of attracting more traffic to the photographers and websites who have blessed us with this imagery. The inclusion of a photograph here should not be interpreted as an assertion of the subject’s or artist’s identity or beliefs. If there is a photo included here that belongs to you and you want it removed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be removed promptly, no questions asked.