Happy Friday REVOLUTIONARIES! We’re posting events early this week to remind you that registration for the Contemporary Relationships Conference closes at midnight!
We’ve been on an upswing back into a normal schedule of productivity. Hustling and bustling about. Dreams of community gatherings dancing in our heads. We want this space to feel stable, consistent, present but we also want to be present in ourselves so we can share those experiences here.
With that in mind we’re meditating on how to create balance in our schedules. We want to pause and simmer and lie still.
We want to take time to waste time.
We want to commit, not only to take a road less traveled, but to wander off the road all together.
We want to let our hair fall down, let our heads rest still, feel warm concrete beneath us, and throw concerns of pristine cleanliness to the wind. An adventurers garb should be covered in dirt when the dust settles from a good story waiting to be re-told.
Pause, simmer, repeat, REVOLUTIONARIES.
Get out, take care of yourself and heal in community!
- FRIDAY 5.8.15 Bones + Breath Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
- SATURDAY 5.9.15 Greet the Day Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
- MONDAY 5.11.15 Acoustic Flow Yoga, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
- WEDNESDAY 5.13.15 Midweek Mindfulness Practice, Deep Dog, Yorba Linda*
Don’t forget there’s lots of upcoming ways to get involved!
- COM|PASSionate REVOLT will be at the Contemporary Relationships Conference in Austin on 5/15-5/16! Registration ends on May 7, 2015 at midnight! Traci and Skye of The Mental Health Mash-Up are excited to be facilitating a workshop on Queering Consent: Navigating Relationships Outside of the Hetero AND Homo Normative.
- California Women of Color Herbal Symposium is coming up on 5/22/15-5/24/15. It’s a little out of our budget but, oh, how our dirty hippie social justice inspired little hearts did a pitter patter when they noticed this event pop up! Check it out for us if you can!
- All of these internet shenanigans too much? Need to digitally detox? How about checking out Camp Grounded: Summer Camp for Adults!
- Gender Spectrum is coming up in July! “Gender Spectrum provides education, training and support to help create a gender sensitive and inclusive environment for all children and teens.” They run an annual conference in Berkeley, CA for youth, families and professionals! Go check them out! Registration is now open!
Feeling like some quiet time at home is what you need? How about a little Radical Self-Care and Body Love???
- Check out Mara Glatzel’s internet space where she offers meditations on Brave Love, Sacred Celebration and Daily Permission for Women.
- Need a little movement? Check out Anna Guest-Jelley’s Curvy Yoga website. Find tips, videos, words and classes for YOUR yoga body rather than “the yoga body” we’re often inundated with in internet media.
- Need some quiet time at home? Need some radical self-care and body love? We highly recommend settling in for some quiet time at home, radical self-care and body love. You know what to do.
*Events are put on by the CR Community/CR Community members. Other events are by friends of the CR Community or of interest to the CR Community. Feeling a little nervous about getting out and involved? Email us and if we can we’ll make some introductions so you have a friendly face to say “Hi” to when you get there!
**Most of these events will be local to Southern CA (unless we notice an event that sets us off into road trip dreamland.) If you want to do a COM|PASSionate event round-up for your local area let us know!
***Are you an individual, meet-up or community group that has some COM|PASSionate events of your own? Email us for details on how to submit your event to our calendar!
There are photographs in this post that were borrowed lovingly from the internet and do not belong to us. All are linked and credited to the best of our abilities in hopes of attracting more traffic to the photographers and websites who have blessed us with this imagery. The inclusion of a photograph here should not be interpreted as an assertion of the subject’s or artist’s identity or beliefs. If there is a photo included here that belongs to you and you want it removed, please email email@example.com and it will be removed promptly, no questions asked.